To reduce litter, New Jersey law will ban grocery and retail stores from providing plastic and paper bags starting May 4, 2022.
Don’t Wait! Bring your reusable store bags now.
RECYCLE: STRIVE FOR FIVE
- Cans – Aluminum, Tin and Steel Cans (Empty and rinse)
- Glass – Bottles and Jars (Empty and rinse)
- Paper – Newspaper, Magazines and Mail
- Plastic – Bottles and Containers (Empty and rise numbers 1, 2)
- Cardboard – Cardboard, Cereal Boxes and Paper Tubes (flatten boxes)
- Recyclables in Plastic Bags
- Plastic Bags or Plastic Wrap
- Tanglers, Cords, Hoses or Chains
- Yard Waste
- Greasy Pizza Boxes, Food or Liquid (empty all containers)
Questions about what goes where?
Visit www.scianj.com/recycling or download the recycle coach app.
Salem County Improvement Authority 856-935-7900
Download the “Recycle Coach” app for up-to-the-minute information!
• Receive event notices
• Find out where to recycle electronics
• Check schedules and more!
2022 PAPER SHREDDING EVENTS
Saturday, March 19
Saturday, November 19 9:00 — 12:00 noon
Where: 286 Welchville Road, Alloway
Details: 3 box limit — per person standard paper box size (10 1/2″ X 11 1/2″ X 24″)
Salem County Residents ONLY Paper Only
* paper clips & staples do not have to be removed *
NO BUSINESSES ALLOWED
Questions? Call 856-935-7900 x16 Florence Beckett, Recycling Coordinator Funding provided by State of NJ REA Grant
2022 HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE DAY
Times for all events: 8:00 AM — 12:00 NOON
For more information call: 856-935-7900 x16
Saturday, April 16 (Alloway) Solid Waste Comple 286 Welchville Road
Saturday, October 15 (Alloway) Solid Waste Complex, 286 Welchville Road
We CAN Accept (Please Bring)
• Oil base paints • Solvents, thinners • Turpentine, varnish • Metal polishers, nail polish • Pesticides & herbicides • Cleaners • Rechargeable batteries • Motor oil • Lithium-ion and other rechargable batteries
• Fluorescent lightbulbs • Fertilizer, weed killers • Pest poisons • Swimming pool acids • Gasoline & antifreeze • Used oil filters • Kerosene • Cooking oil
We CANNOT Accept
• Latex, water-based paints • Unidentified waste • Explosive or water reactives • Shock sensitive chemicals
• Radioactive waste • Infectious waste • 2.4, 5 – TP Silvex • Excess quantities
**All materials must be identifiable and/or in the original container** Maximum quantity limited to: 200 pounds of dry material not to exceed 100 pounds container and/or 20 gallons of liquid not to exceed 5 gallo per container for each participant.