A majority of citizens are in the dark, did you know that the Habitat for Humanity runs a Handyman Revitalization Program? They typically do ramps BUT that isn’t all they do or can offer. They are a great resource for modifications and repairs to make the home more accessible.
Below is additional information about the program, some of the benefits it can offer and how to see if you qualify.
Handyman Revitalization Program
- Is your home in desperate need of critical repairs?
- Do you own your home?
- Are you low-to-moderate income? (per USDA guidelines – contact us for additional details)
- Is there ability to repay?
Those who may possibly qualify: Veterans ♦ Senior ♦ Citizens Disabled
We offer home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services.
How does the program work?
- Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work.
Why do we offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
For Further Information
For further information or questions, please contact the Salem County Habitat office at (856) 299-7995.
⇒ Download USDA Loan Information / Applications